Sunday 19 January 2014

Survey Analysis

Question 1)

From Question 1, I am able to see that the majority of people who took my survey were between the ages of 15 and 16 and some were 17 and 18. This allowed me to decide what my target audience was along with finding out what genre this age range preferred. This is a big part of the target audience, because if you don't know who your target audience is, then it is hard to design your magazine to suit a specific age range. 

Question 2)

The second question showed me that the majority of the people who took my survey were Female. This ensured me that I had to be very careful when deciding my target audience as if I choose my target audience to be males, it is going to be very hard for me to choose what content to include what content to include in my magazine as i will have no back evidence to base my decision on if most of the people who took my survey were females.

Question 3)

Question  3 allowed me to see how much people are willing to pay for a magazine. This analysis will help me when coming to decide on a suitable price for my magazine that will also suit my target audience. When deciding a price I need to take into consideration my target audience to ensure that the price is affordable for them. If my target audience is age 13-12, it wouldn't be reasonable to set a very high price as they don't have much of an income so rely on adults. Whereas, if I choose my target audience to be between the ages of 16-20, I could price my magazine a little bit higher as they have more of an income. 

Question 4)

Question 4 tells me that people would want a new magazine to be released once a week. This means that they would be able to keep up to date with the latest new music and news, as twice a week would be a bit too often and they could end up seeing the same thing over and over again and it will get to the stage where it would no longer interest them to read the magazine. It is vital to ensure that the content in a magazine is not repeated, as this won't be very beneficial for the distributor of the magazine because people will no longer want to buy the magazines as they are reading the same thing every time they buy the magazine, which will not appeal or stand out to them.

Question 5)

Question 5 tells me what people look for in a music magazine. From this I can see that in a music magazine, most people want to see concert information. This survey will help me when i put the content in my magazine as it allows me to see what the target audience of my specific age range want to see in the magazine and what appeals to them and makes them want to read the magazine. The content is the most important part of the magazine, because it is what is inside the magazine that is going to interest the audience, therefore, if the content doesn't appeal to the target audience, they aren't going to want to read the magazine. 

Question 6)

Question 6 tells me what people want to see feature in a magazine. Whether it is new artist, old artists etc. The survey showed that most people like to see popular groups and artists in a magazine. This means that when I am creating my magazine, I need to ensure that I include lots of information about popular groups and artists that people want to see in the magazine. 

Question 7)

Question 7 tells me what music people are most interested in and enjoy listening to. The survey shows that the majority of people enjoy listening to pop music. This then allows me to research more into pop magazines so that I know what I specifically need to include in my magazine in order for it to be successful and make people want to read it. This also links in with the age gender (question 2 on my survey) of my magazine. It shows me that 70%+ of females enjoy reading POP magazines.

Question 8)

Question 8 shows me what music magazines people already enjoy reading. Most people enjoy smash hits. This meant that I can go and research other smash hits magazines and see what they do to become successful, what features they have on their magazine, what artists they feature and how their magazine is layed out etc. From asking this question, it allows me to do more research and analyse other music magazine that people are interested in reading and I am able to see what ideas I can get from these magazines to attract my target audience. 

Question 9)

Question 9 allowed me to see what features makes people want to buy the magazine. From my survey, I can see that the most important feature of a magazine cover is the main image and this is what people want to see and like about the image.  The main image is the first thing that people look at on the cover of the magazine, this means that I need to make sure my main image stands out to my target audience otherwise the content in the magazine is not going to interest them. Therefore, it is essential that in my magazine, the main image appeals to my target audience.

Question 10)

From question 10, I can see what ways people enjoy listening to music, this will give me ideas about what gifts and competitions I can give away in my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment