Sunday 19 January 2014

Music Magazine-Mood board

As part of my research for my music magazine, I created a mood-board. This mood board allowed me to gather some ideas for my magazine and allowed me to see what features other music magazines use to attract their target audience. It gave me ideas about font styles, colours, camera angles and images that I could use when creating my magazine.

As you can see from my mood board, the "masthead" of the Kerrang! Magazine that I used for my masthead has a very outgoing and distinctive masthead that is very easily recognised by the audience and unique to the magazine. All of the text used in the Kerrang! Magazines are bold and most of the text used is in capital letters, which represents the magazine having a particular house style. Kerrang! Is a Rock magazine, which you can infer just by looking at the layout of the magazine, you don't have to know about the magazine to realise that the magazine is a rock magazine. The image that was used on the front of the magazine was a rock band and they were standing in a hierarchy, showing the main singer at the front and the others in the background. The models are also looking directly into the camera, catching the audience’s attention, also implying that they are related to the main headline as they are the models in the main image of the magazine cover.


From creating my mood board, I recognised that it is very important to stick to a house style to make sure the magazine is consistent and looks professional. The main colours used by Kerrang! Are red, black and white. It is very important that they don't constantly keep changing the style and layout of their magazine as their target won't be able to recognise it and you want people to recognise the magazine so that they buy it, this is why it is important that they stick to one house style.

No comments:

Post a Comment